- 20 graham cracker squares
- ¼ cup butter (at room temperature)
- 2 tbsp sugar
Crush the graham cracker squares into crumbs. Mix in sugar and butter. Pat down mixture into pan ( I used a 8in spring form pan). Blind bake for ~10 min at 350F.
* you don’t have to use all of the crumb mixture.
(Sauce adapted from food network)
- ½ pint raspberries
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp honey (or any other sweetener like sugar)
- lemon zest
- 1 tsp brandy (optional)
Mix berries, water, honey, and zest in a pan. Stirring sauce occasionally, bring to a boil and allow it to thicken ~10min. Add in brandy and cook for additional 1 min. Strain the sauce (if you want a smoother texture on the marble part). place in bag to pipe onto cheesecake.
- 16oz cream cheese (i used a 8oz pkg of light and a 8oz pkg of regular)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
* Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature prior to mixing or it will come out lumpy.
Mix the cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs to mixture then the vanilla extract. pour mixture into pan on top of the crust that has already be blind baked. With a bag, pipe the raspberry sauce on top of the cheesecake batter in a large swirl. Run a knife up and down the center and the edges to create the marble effect. (i find that the marble looks cleaner if i wipe the blade between each run).
Place into oven at 350F for ~30 min or until cheesecake is set.
Cut around the edges since the cake will shrink as it cools. Set aside and allow cake to cool to room temperature. Then refrigerate for at least 2-3 hrs (I just let it sit over night).
Cut, serve, and enjoy.