(recipe adapted from Martha Stewart)
Makes 12 Cupcakes
- 1 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, room temp
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix together butter and sugar. Then add in the eggs, followed by the mashed bananas, and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture (do not over mix). Dividing batter evenly into muffin cups (~¼ cup)
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, ~ 18-20 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and allow to cool.
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup (2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, beat unsalted butter, honey, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon.
- Sift in confectioners’ sugar and mix until smooth.